Confidentiality of Your Documents Ensured
Some of the documents Legaltext is asked to work on involve sensitive business matters where confidentiality is essential. Legaltext consists of a small, highly focussed group of lawyer-linguists. We guarantee that your business dealings remain confidential. As a matter of course, Legaltext will, on request, provide every client with individual written confidentiality undertakings which commit every translator and proof reader involved to strict confidentiality.
Data Protection Statement
1. Basic Principles
Legaltext strictly adheres to the following basic principles in protecting its User`s personal data.
1.1 Legaltext will comply with all applicable legal provisions regarding data protection (e.g. the Data Protection Act 1998, the U.S. Data Protection Act, German Data Protection Laws, European Data Protection Directives and any other applicable data protection legislation).
1.2 Legaltext shall use the User`s personal data solely to provide the User with the Legaltext services for which it has registered. Legaltext will never pass the User`s personal data on to any third party, unless the User consented tosuch use of personal data.
- "Personal data" means any information concerning the personal or material circumstances of an identified or identifiable person;
- "Non-personal data" means any information not concerning the personal or material circumstances of an identified or identifiable person (e.g., computer name and IP addresses etc.);
- "Users" are all users of Legaltext’s services and the visitors to Legaltext’s websites;
- "Registration data" is the data the User is obliged to make available to Legaltext, in the registration process, for use of any of the respective services of Legaltext;
- "Legaltext Services" include any services provided by Legaltext.
3. Data collected
Legaltext will collect and process certain data provided by the User in the course of the business relationship. Data collected in this context for the registration of a new client may include, inter alia:
- Company name;
- Registered company office;
- First name and surname of the registering party;
- Position (title) of the registering party;
- First name and surname of the contact person;
- Position (title) of the contact person;
- Business email account of the contact person and
- Business telephone number of the contact person.
4. Non-personal data collected by Legaltext
The User understands that Legaltext collects and processes non-personal, access and traffic data not concerning the personal or material circumstances of an identified or identifiable User for the purpose of website traffic analysis and the prevention of anonymous, potentially deleterious use of the Legaltext services (e.g., spam, hacker attacks, fraudulent/bad faith inquiries regarding Legaltext services).
5. Information updates
6. Links to other websites
Links and banners to other websites both associated and not associated with Legaltext may be linked on Legaltext’s website. Legaltext explicitly distances itself from content reached through such banners, links and deep links not operated by Legaltext. Legaltext is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of other websites which are not operated by Legaltext. Legaltext emphasizes it has no influence on the form or contents of those pages or on bringing about a connection to the linked site. Legaltext requests immediate notice of any grounds for complaint. No guarantee of the correctness, completeness, or currency of the data is given. Liability, in particular for possible damage occurring due to use of this or other website(s), is hereby expressly excluded.
9. Applicable Law, Jurisdiction